Friday 20 August 2010

Part 42

Sharon & Kylie are in the car Kylie has her iPod playing through the car radio the song that is playing is The Climb by Joe McElderry

Sharon: Nice song this one, reminds me of most of my life
Kylie: me too
Sharon: you ok? You're quiet
Kylie: it's just I hardly ever see you and now I'm having to live with you, at least when I moved in with Maria & Eddie I saw them at least once a week before hand
Sharon: look this isn't my first choice either but if you don't live me you go into care. You'll still see Maria and Eddie but you are right I should have been there for you before I'm sorry
Kylie: it's ok it's mum I'm mad at not you
Sharon: you and me both kid
Kylie: Maria said her and Eddie are coming over tomorrow
Sharon: yeah you excited?
Kylie: not really I hate Christmas
Sharon: really? Why?
Kylie: mum never really got me anything, one year I went back to school all my classmates were excited because their parents got them the latest must have toys and teachers would ask what we'd got. That year I was honest and said that all I got was a basket of fruit from mum's new boyfriend Tom it wasn't even a basket, it was a cardboard box not even wrapped up and everyone laughed, I was 6 years old so every year after that I'd watch all the adverts at Christmas time see what all the good toys were and write them down or I'd hang around in toyshops listening to other kids tell their parents what they wanted and I'd write that down too and when I went back to school I lied and said mum got me all these great things, of course I could never have friends round though or they would find out I have nothing
Sharon: that's awful, she wasn't much better with the rest of us either we all have our fair share of stories, maybe we can share some tomorrow, I didn't want to tell Maria but I've got some other people coming tomorrow from the family, they all want to meet you
Kylie: really? A big family Christmas? Like I've always dreamed about?
Sharon: yeah and like you should have had way before now

No comments:

Post a Comment